Jimmy Dorsey 1941

# Jimmy Dorsey 1941 #

Read the full text For You (1941) by Tommy & Jimmy Dorsey from the album The Best of Tommy & Jimmy Dorsey. 2, -Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra*, High On A Windy Hill. New York, December 9, 1940. Hollywood, 15th Gennaio 1941. I was Jimmy Dorsey's sister and I.

Attori & Attrici - Patricia Dane

An American character with unspoken talent, with a steady career of only 14 films played from 1941 to 1956, an efficient co-star at M-G-M for dramas, thrillers and comedies. He made his debut in 1941 in Le fanciulle delle follie and in the same year he distinguished himself in the Sorvegliato speziale notir. In the early days she starred in half a dozen successful secondary films and three, Rio Rita, Grand Central Murder and Incontro a Bataan.

This episode, combined with her stormy marriage to conductor Tommy Dorsey (with his brother Jimmy), keeps her away from the movies for five years. He tried it in two television serials, "Fireside Theatre", "The Lone Wolf" and in 1956 he interpreted his last movie, The Clay Colossus, which is still nameless in its titles.

Only one marriage in his life, as already mentioned, with the famous conductor Tommy Dorsey, a stormy union that lasted just over four years and ended with the inevitable divorce. Outside marriage, she has close romantic relationships with actor Robert Lowery, Bill Morrow, lyricist for Bing Crosby and saxophonist Jimmy Dorsey, her husband's older brother.

View our Movie

But it'?s my passion! When others look at you, I tremble, because your heart only wants me! I don't even know what it is. But don't worry, I'm not jealous of you. But it'?s my passion! When others look at you, I tremble, because your heart only wants me!

I don't even know what it is. But don't worry, I'm not jealous of you.

il musicianista

Born in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania, on November 19, 1905, Tommy was the second son of Theresa Langton and Thomas Francis Dorsey, a music-loving Miner and listener who became a music teacher. As a young man he lived together with his older brother Jimmy (another famous musician, born on 29 February 1904) in a community of Irish miners in Schuylkill County.

First Tommy learned to play the cornet and then the trumpet, while his brother became a master of saxophone and clarinet. Together with him Tommy founded his own group in 1920, the Dorsey's Novelty Six - Wilde Canaries, which immediately became famous. In 1928 the group changed their name to Dorsey Brothers Orchestra and one year later they were very successful with the song Let's Do It (Let's Fall), also thanks to the lead singer Bing Crosby.

Tommy formed the group that accompanied him for many years during his career: Tommy Dorsey and his Clambake Seven, a group of musicians/singers that included the young Frank Sinatra. Between 1935 and 1945 he and his brother Jimmy were often at the top of the charts of US radios, although during these years their artistic career ended with their separation.

He was a great arranger, writing numerous hits like Song of India (1937), Boogie Woogie (1940) and many others, always at the top of the charts. Between 1941 and 1953 he also appeared in numerous movies, beside Judy Garland, Danny Kaye, Gene Kelly, Red Skelton, Virginia Mayo and many others.

It was an autobiographical movie about the life of Dorsey, The Fable Dorsey, that marked the beginning of the reunion of the two brothers who gathered in Tommy's orchestra in 1953 and had a prominent place in the stage show of the CBS television station in 1955-1956, to which Elvis Presley was a guest.

on November 25, 1956. His brother Jimmy, whose pieces we remember as contrasts, Parade of milk bottle caps, On A Little Street in Singapore, Amapola, Besame Mucho and So Rare survived him for several months, until June 1957, when he died in New Jork.

In 1945 Tommy Dorsey released a very successful record called Getting Sentientally. I' m getting emotional for you, who is destined to become a workhorse of the great Frank Sinatra, was the opening and closing theme of the concerts of Tommy's group.

Auch interessant

Mehr zum Thema