2000 Alternative Songs

2000 alternative songs

The Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers (2000): How You Remind Me - Nickelback (2001): 100 best classical Italian songs Vol. 2 (Mina, Domenico Modugno, Claudio Villa, Peppino Di Capri, Katia Ricciarelli, Adriano Celentano). The songs of his songs make people cry. In 2013 (Songs of the South). Other Pop/Rock, Alternative/Indie Rock, College Rock, Neo-Psychedelia, Post-Punk, Punk/New Wave.

persimmon

We are working on giving you more possibilities to accept cookies..... In the meantime, you can choose to accept all or only the cookies required to operate the website. Profilo: Pordenone based alpine skirt group, 1995. Members: Variants: Charge composition ..... Load composition.... Load composition.... Load composition.... Load composition....

Gigging music, lyrics, songs and videos

I began to play the drum set in the 90', in Milan and the surrounding area I was part of the alternative group " Milan South ". In 2000 the first approach to electronic music and with my friend Wella we began a music project which produced 4 CDs. In the 90' I began to play percussion, in Milan and the surrounding area I was part of the alternative skirt group " Milan South ".

The year 2000 was the first year of our involvement with electronics, and with the Wella Friends we started a 4 CD production series. There is no sound on your Musician page! Link your musicians page to an artist account to create your own soundtrack.

Lioness

For years you lifted the Kefiah on your face and went to the demonstrations hoping to smash a policeman's face, and a few years later you find yourself with a policeman's brother telling you about the provocations, insults and anger that has to swallow for 1200 euros a month.

Then, a few years later, you have to hire a foreign nurse and try out all the options so that she works as much as possible with the lowest salary. This is Jason Molina who needs your help. While Jason Molina currently works as a farmer on a farm in Virginia, without health insurance (this big shitty country, America) he can't pay for the medical care he has to pay for.

The help Jason's family is trying to get should enable the American artist to play again after the sudden interruption of the 2009 concert series. For those who don't know, Jason Molina is the man behind the projects Songs:Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co. His career is full of great records, but if you don't know where to get "The Lioness", which was released in 2000 under the name Songs: Ohia.

"One of the most painful records to listen to, The Lioness" is the son of this ethnic essentialism codified a few years before the Palace Brothers (Molina debuted in 1996 with an ep released by Will Oldham's Palace Music) and a melancholic energy born of the usual sentimental disappointment (they say).

The album begins with "The Black Crow" and its slow and rhythmic chords (recorded several times on the album) that create an atmosphere similar to the more intimate Bill Callahan (period "Red Apple Falls") but burdened by a deep and inevitable tragic feeling driven by repetitions ("We were Lightning...", "And it's fading...") and silence full of desperate resignation.

"Tigress" and "Nervous Bride" are the two liveliest pieces on the record, although they keep the sadness rate high. The first has a wonderful melodic line and (thanks to the collaboration of Alasdair Roberts of Appendix Out and Aidan Moffat and David Gow of Arab Strap) a sound variety that breaks the songwriting thread of the record.

"Being-in-Love" is practically an Arabic strap track (which had just released an excellent record like "Elephant Shoe"), but it's actually the only track on the album where the duo's hand feels so strong. At that time, the album was actually presented as a record that came out of Molina's collaboration with Arab Strap, but some years later Arab Strap themselves claimed that the official version of the record was completely different from the original as Molina had decided to record most of the material themselves.

What is certain is that "The Lioness" is a masterpiece that stands out among the other giants of the genre (Smog, Oldham, Silver Jews, Mark Kozelek...) because of its ability to transplant the prototype of the "alternative land" American (someone says that Molina caresses "On the beach" by Neil Young before she falls asleep) between the Scottish fog of the Arab sodal belt and Appendix Out.

It' s the cover and the following (immense) "Coxcomb red" that are the emotional climax of the record: "Wants to know how my hearts burst when it has to burst in your jaws" is the sentence that each of us wanted to call at least once in our lives. Molina's voice rises in tone and becomes a breath, then she takes courage: "You can't get her quick enough, I'll go swimming to you".

"While " Coxcomb is playing with the usual four stopped chords, Molina's voice is now impregnable as her resentment ("every romance). So while you feel like recalling this record to listen to the last whispering notes of "Just a Spark", you realize that you've never possessed them.

Did Jason Molina throw his torn soul into the grooves of The Lioness so I could steal it from him? If you love "The Lioness" too, but you stole it, it's time to give Jason his money back.

Mehr zum Thema